|Maytag Refrigerator MFX2570AEM|
How to Replace Maytag Refrigerator Filter
- Press the "eject" button located in the center of the base grille underneath your refrigerator door. Pull straight back on the filter to remove it from your Maytag refrigerator.
- Hold the base of the filter and turn the cap counterclockwise to remove it. Discard the old filter, and set the cap aside for use with the new filter.
- Remove the new filter from its packaging and screw the cap onto the new filter clockwise until it snaps into place.
- Remove the covers from the O-rings on the new filter. Fit the new filter into the base grille. You will know that the filter is properly positioned when the "eject" button pops out.
- Hold a glass under the water dispenser and press it against the lever for five seconds. Release the lever, and wait five seconds. Repeat this sequence until four gallons of water has been dispensed, emptying the glass as needed. This will flush your Maytag refrigerator's water system.
Tips & Warnings
You can use your Maytag water dispenser without a filter. Remove the filter according to the instructions above, and screw the cap directly into the base grille.
How to Reset a Water Filter on a Maytag Refrigerator
There is nothing quite as refreshing as filtered water. A water filter built in to refrigerators by manufacturers such as Maytag is becoming less of a luxury and more a standard feature in today's appliance designs. However, even the most state-of-the-art designs require upkeep so that the water will remain clean and pure. If the water starts to take on a rusty or mineral laden flavor, it might be time to replace and reset your water filter.
- Locate the water filter in your refrigerator. Sometimes this is in the freezer or it could be in the refrigerator compartment.
- Grasp the filter and turn it counterclockwise.
- Place a new filter into the threaded opening in your refrigerator. Turn the filter clockwise to install it into the refrigerator. Make sure it is securely tightened or the filter will leak inside the refrigerator.
- Wipe up excess water and sediment debris that might have leaked onto shelves after removing the filter.
- Press the refrigerator's light switch five times within ten seconds. This will reset the filter change indicator light.
Tips & Warnings
Locating the filter may require removing items from the refrigerator or freezer so you are able to safely replace filter. Determine if your community has any recycling rules for water filters before throwing used filter in garbage. Purchase a replacement filter at an appliance dealer or online. Try to keep an extra filter on hand so you always have a replacement.