- Reduces particulates (Class II), mercury, lead
- NSF® certified refrigerator water filter retains beneficial fluoride in water while reducing chlorine taste and odor
- Replace every 6 months to ensure clean, safe drinking water
- For use in Maytag, Whirlpool, and KitchenAid side-by-side refrigerators with filter access in the base grille
The genuine OEM Whirlpool / KitchenAid 4396508 Deluxe Refrigerator Ice & Water Filter replacement fits Maytag, Jenn-Air, Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Amana, and Kenmore side-by-side refrigerators with a quarter-turn filter located in the grille at the bottom of the fridge.
The newer, improved Whirlpool 4396510 is also available. The newer 4396510 filter removes more contaminants than the older 4396508 filter, including cysts and turbidity. The 4396510 filter will perfectly fit any refrigerator that currently uses the 4396508.
The Whirlpool 4396508 refrigerator/icemaker water filter replaces the following older part numbers:
Maytag / Jenn-Air / Whirlpool / KitchenAid / Amana /
WF-NL240V, WFNL240V, NL240V
WF-NL240, WFNL240, NL240
WF-NL300, WFNL300, NL300
WF-L400V, WFL400V, L400V
WF-L400, WFL400, L400
WF-L500, WFL500, L500
WF-300BR (filter that uses 4396508)
4396508P, 4396508T, 4392857, 4392857R
4396547, 4396163, 4396509, 4396509P
4396918, 4396562, 4396563
2200203, 2203220, 2203980
2305766, 2305767, 2305768
Sears / Kenmore
46-9908, 469908, 9908, 9908P, 04609908000
46-9902, 469902, 9902, 9902P, 04609902000
Replacing Your Water Filter
For side-by-side refrigerators with quarter-turn filter access in the base grille, follow these instructions for replacing your filter:
- Rotate the cap counterclockwise to a vertical position, then pull.
- Remove the filter cap by sliding it right or left. Set aside cap. Discard old filter.
- Remove the packaging and O-ring covers from the new filter. Slide the filter cap back onto the end. Align the ridge on the filter with the ridge on the cap to make certain it is centered.
- Hold the assembled cap and filter unit with the handle in the vertical position and push the new filter cartridge into the opening of the base grille until it stops. Rotate the cartridge cap clockwise to a horizontal position.
- Flush the water system until a total of 3 gallons (12 L) has been dispensed.