- Locate the water filter in your refrigerator. Sometimes this is in the refrigerator compartment or it could be in the freezer.
- Grasp the filter and turn it left.
- Place a new filter into the threaded opening in your refrigerator. Turn the filter left to install it into the refrigerator. You must make sure the filter is securely tightened or it will leak inside the refrigerator.
- Wipe up excess water and sediment debris that might have leaked onto shelves after removing the filter.
- To reset the filter indicator light, press the refrigerator's light switch five times within ten seconds.
Tips & Warnings
• Locating the filter may require removing items from the refrigerator or freezer so you are able to safely replace filter. Determine if your community has any recycling rules for water filters before throwing used filter in garbage. Purchase a replacement filter at an appliance dealer or online. Try to keep an extra filter on hand so you always have a replacement.